- (v. t.) To cause to jog; to drive at a jog, as a horse. See Jog, v. i.
- (n.) A rub; a slight stop; an obstruction; hence, an irregularity in motion of from; a hitch; a break in the direction of a line or the surface of a plane.
- (v. i.) To move by jogs or small shocks, like those of a slow trot; to move slowly, leisurely, or monotonously; -- usually with on, sometimes with over.
- (v. t.) To suggest to; to notify; to remind; to call the attention of; as, to jog the memory.
- (n.) A slight shake; a shake or push intended to give notice or awaken attention; a push; a jolt.
- (v. t.) To push or shake with the elbow or hand; to jostle; esp., to push or touch, in order to give notice, to excite ones attention, or to warn.