- (a.) A daily register of the ships course and distance, the winds, weather, incidents of the voyage, etc.
- (a.) A diary; an account of daily transactions and events.
- (a.) A book of accounts, in which is entered a condensed and grouped statement of the daily transactions.
- (a.) That portion of a rotating piece, as a shaft, axle, spindle, etc., which turns in a bearing or box. See Illust. of Axle box.
- (a.) That which has occurred in a day; a days work or travel; a days journey.
- (a.) The record of daily proceedings, kept by the clerk.
- (a.) A newspaper published daily; by extension, a weekly newspaper or any periodical publication, giving an account of passing events, the proceedings and memoirs of societies, etc.
- (a.) Daily; diurnal.