- (a.) Rendering or disposed to render to each one his due; equitable; fair; impartial; as, just judge.
- (adv.) Closely; nearly; almost.
- (a.) Not transgressing the requirement of truth and propriety; conformed to the truth of things, to reason, or to a proper standard; exact; normal; reasonable; regular; due; as, a just statement; a just inference.
- (adv.) Precisely; exactly; -- in place, time, or degree; neither more nor less than is stated.
- (n.) A joust.
- (adv.) Barely; merely; scarcely; only; by a very small space or time; as, he just missed the train; just too late.
- (v. i.) To joust.
- (a.) Conforming or conformable to rectitude or justice; not doing wrong to any; violating no right or obligation; upright; righteous; honest; true; -- said both of persons and things.